Geological survey during construction provides complete information regarding the construction site. Without such a survey, the builders will not have an idea about the soil and cannot be confident in the strength of foundation. Unstable foundation leads to different deformations, distortions of window and door apertures, rupture of utility lines. To avoid all these consequences, it is necessary to perform geological survey. To conduct the geological survey and obtain all the necessary information regarding the soil, we perform drilling. Our company has own drilling rigs which allow to speed-up the field work. But before conducting the drilling, according to the rules of geology and geodesy it is required to complete a geodetic survey forming the relevant geophysical basis.
Since the founding of our company, a full range of survey works has been completed which formed the basis for design, construction and land surveying for a number of regional organizations and businesses, not only in Samara region but in the European part of Russia as well. Geodetic surveying, geodetic support and advising during construction are another field of our company’s business activity. The office study is conducted by means of the latest licensed software. The works are made using modern geodetic surveying equipment.
Engineering and geological investigations are carried out for a comprehensive study of geological conditions of the area (a site, plot of land, utility line) of the planned construction in order to obtain data required for the design, construction and operation of the facilities.
Engineering and geological survey is required in order to choose an optimal type of foundation for the future building or structure, correctly design a drainage system, prevent its flooding, etc. In addition, LLC Geoproject specialists perform water drilling; the laboratory of water chemical analysis specialists shall perform relevant studies as well as a chemical analysis defining various parameters (pH, alkalinity, chloride content, etc.), presence of heavy metals, oil content, and shall issue a conclusion regarding compliance of the water quality to SanPiN or GOST standards.
Geological survey includes the following types of work:
- Study of landforms and geological structure of the future construction site;
- Study of geomorphological and hydrological conditions;
- Study of a condition, composition and properties of soil;
- Study of geological as well as engineering and geological processes;
- Study of changes in engineering and geological conditions of already developed (built-up) areas and forecasting of such changes in the sphere of interaction of designed facilities with the geological environment.
Scope of engineering and geological survey includes the following:
- Engineering and geological surveying at the scale of 1: 500 to 1: 25000;
- Study of dangerous geological, engineering and geological processes with the development of recommendations for engineering protection of territories;
- Collection and processing of survey materials of previous years;
- Route monitoring (reconnaissance survey);
- Drilling operations (well boring, digging of shot-holes (shallow open mines) with sampling of soil of undisturbed structure for defining its physical and mechanical properties);
- Hydrogeological studies (formation of a secure network of water wells and subsequent monitoring of underground water condition);
- Laboratory studies of physical and mechanical properties of soils and chemical properties of the underground water samples;
- Soil survey of the footing of existing buildings and structures for their strengthening and reconstruction;
- Laboratory processing of the materials obtained;
- Forecasting of changes in engineering and geological conditions;
- Preparation of a technical report.
The tasks solved with the use of materials of engineering and geological surveys include the following:
- Investigation of technical capability and economic feasibility of construction of the proposed facility in the specific area;
- Comparison of alternatives of the proposed facility location and selection of the optimal one;
- Justification of layout of buildings and structures of the proposed facility according to the selected option;
- Reasoning of design diagrams of the footing and environment of buildings and structures.