Laboratory studies of physical and mechanical properties of soils, as well as chemical analyses of water and soil have a special place in LLC Geoproject business activity. Laboratory tests account for 30% to 50% of all engineering and geological, engineering and environmental studies. LLC Geoproject laboratories have the certificates of accreditation in the respective fields, as well as a whole set of modern equipment required for analyzing physical, mechanical, corrosion properties of soils, and chemical composition of water and soils.
LLC Geoproject laboratory intended for analyzing soils performs a full range of soil physical and mechanical properties tests required for engineering and geological surveying.
Geological surveying (soil) laboratory performs tests to define the following physical and mechanical properties:
- soil moisture, moisture at the border point of fluidity and plasticity in terms of clay soils;
- density (specific weight of the soil, previously called bulk density, specific weight of solids);
- porosity, porosity factor, water saturation factor;
- filtration factor;
- maximum density at optimum moisture content of soil;
- particle size distribution of gravel, sand and clay soils (analyzed by means of sieve and aerometric methods);
- angle of a natural slope of the sandy soils;
- relative subsidence, swelling, swelling pressure;
- shear strength of soils analyzed by means of direct shear method;
- compression tests and tests in a stabilometer (to determine strength and deformation properties of soils).
LLC Geoproject water and soil chemical analysis laboratory performs the following investigations (in addition to tests conducted for internal requirements, i.e. departments of geology and ecology, services are provided to external companies and individuals):
- Water chemical composition tests, including tests for compliance with the potable water standards;
- Assessment of the qualitative characteristics of water for compliance with SanPiN (Sanitary Regulations and Standards) and Hygienic Standards;
- Analyses of chemical composition of underground water, water extracts for engineering and geological surveys, analyses of the soil corrosion activity;
- Chemical analyses of soils, sediments for a number of agrochemical indicators for content of oil products and heavy metals (mobile forms, the total content).
Investigation is carried out by the following methods: Ionometry, titrimetry, spectrophotometry, polarography, infrared spectrometry, conductivity measurement, potentiometry, complexometry, mercurimetry, turbidimetry, gravimetric method, voltammetry, argentometry.
Cooperating with LLC Geoproject, our customers will obtain all the information of chemical composition of the water analyzed (centralized and non-centralized water supply, springs, boreholes, wells, pump water wells, the water before and after cleaning by means of household filters) which is of their interest.
The water and soil chemical analysis laboratory Accreditation scope includes more than 70 indicators: see Accreditation Scope (link 1), and Accreditation Scope in terms of soils (link 2)).
All methods of analyses are certified.
Upon completion of laboratory investigations, our clients are provided with the test report of chemical composition of the water and soils.